At Lillian August, our goal is to deliver your order in excellent condition and in a timely manner. To do so, we have determined the best shipping methods based on the products you have selected. For large items such as sofas, beds and tables, we offer white glove delivery within most areas. For small packages, which include most of our non furniture items, we ship via UPS ground service. Please review the following shipping information and feel free to contact us if you have further questions or special requests.
Domestic and International Shipping
- We currently only ship to addresses within the continental United States.
- For shipments to Alaska and Hawaii please contact us for a shipping quote.
- We currently do not ship to U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico and Guam.
- We currently do not ship to international address. We can deliver goods to a freight forwarder and international customers are responsible for arranging delivery from the forwarder to their final destination. Please contact us to coordinate.
- APO addresses - since export and freight restrictions prevent some items from being shipped to military addresses please contact us to place an order being shipped to a military address.
- Small packages (up to 10lb): $10 within the continental United States; $45 to Alaska and Hawaii
- Commercial Delivery (Must have loading dock) - Prices can be calculated based on your order. Please contact us to receive a quote. Commercial delivery is drop off only and does not offer installation or set up.
- White Glove Delivery: $499 within the continental United States. Subject to change based on availability of truckers.
- Small Packages. We currently only offer standard US ground shipping on small packages. For expedited services, please contact us for a quote.
- Commercial Delivery. We offer commercial delivery for clients working on large projects that need to receive items at a storage or moving facility. Commercial delivery prices are quoted out on a case by case basis and is typically 20% the cost of the order. This does not include white glove services.
- White Glove Delivery. We offer white glove delivery to most zip codes through our partnerships with various freight companies. We will contact you when your order has shipped and someone from the freight company will be in touch to schedule delivery. Someone must be present to accept delivery. Additional charges will apply if the driver has to return due to a missed appointment. Driver will: (i) bring the item(s) to room of choice (ii) unpack and do minor assembly and (iii) remove packaging. Driver will NOT: (i) move your furniture or other items or (ii) discard your furniture or other item. Customer is responsible for: (i) making sure area is clear and (ii) making sure there is a clear path.
- In stock small package (UPS ground) usually arrive in 7-10 business days.
- In stock freight items usually arrive in 4-6 weeks.
- Custom or special order items usually arrive in 12-14 weeks.
- Items ordered together may not arrive in the same box.
- In the event of a delay, we will notify you by phone or email.
Shipping Address and Additional Charges
In the event that you fail to provide a correct shipping address, we reserve the right to impose additional charges associated with correcting and reshipping the order. By placing an order, you agree to pay any such additional charges that may arise due to inaccurate or incomplete shipping information provided by you.
Delivery Acceptance Instructions
All of our shipments are fully insured as long as the acceptance guidelines are followed
- When your order is delivered, fully inspect the item on every side including the back and bottom for damage before signing the delivery receipt.
- If there is major damage, refuse delivery and contact us for a replacement.
- If there is minor damage that you think can be replaced with parts, note the damage on the delivery receipt and contact us for replacement parts.
- All damages and shortages must be documented on the delivery receipt.
- If there is noticeable damage, notify the driver before accepting delivery.
- If the package was left without collecting a signature, inspect the package right away and contact us immediately to report any damages or missing parts.
- Damages and shortages must be reported to Lillian August within 3 days of receiving your order.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS ABSOLVES LILLIAN AUGUST AND THE CARRIER OF SHIPMENT RESPONSIBILITY.
Customer Responsibility to Accept Delivery and Additional Charges
In the event that you are unable to accept delivery within five (5) days of the scheduled delivery date, you acknowledge and agree that you may be responsible for any daily storage or redelivery fees assessed by the designated shipping carrier. It is your responsibility to ensure timely acceptance of the delivery to avoid incurring additional storage charges and redelivery fees. Please be attentive to attempts to reach you by phone from the shipper or Lillian August to avoid delays in delivery and acceptance, and ensure that we have correct contact information for delivery.